Larger tablet not an ipad

lee1980

Prominent Member
Reaction score
We have mini ipads and amazon fire 8" tablets. I am after a larger table 12" or minimum 10". Just for browsing internet and magazines etc nothing to intense.
Is there anything out there that is cheaper? My Dad has 11" ipad pro whilst amazing its OTT for my needs.
Hoping amazon will revise 10" fire soon or do a bigger one!

There's nothing really at 12"- its heavily rumoured that the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 will come with a 12.4" option; I just wish they would hurry up and announce it!!!

Oh really, will wait and see then, though it won't be cheap cheap, the s6 lite looks good and you get pen to for 349. As I dont need a windows based one like surface either.

Oh really, will wait and see then, though it won't be cheap cheap, the s6 lite looks good and you get pen to for 349. As I dont need a windows based one like surface either.

Yeah I'd expect the new S7 to be pricey - top end was £760 on the Tab S6.

The S6 lite is meant to be very good, if your reading and browsing it should be fine; personally I'm looking for a larger screen for note-taking; I like the 10.5" of the S6 but I just find it a little "narrow" at times for proper handwriting.

yeah probably very near ipad 11" pro price. thanks will keep looking. Ipad mini is nice and light but i find just to small to use now and go to phone more.

Unless you need the pen you'd be better off with an s5e. It's slightly faster than the S6 Lite, has the OLED screen and generally costs about the same. £329 at the moment on Amazon but likely to go on sale below £300 again at some point.

Thanks will bear this one in mind to.

looking at more 5se does have better screen, 329 on Johnlewis to with 3yr warranty. Does any s pen work with any galaxy tab if I bought one after?
Its a case of wait for s7 which will be faster/newer but cost more, 5se and S6/lite are getting cheaper.

How about the standard iPad with the 10.2 inch display? Problem with the Android tabs is they only get updates for 2 years don't they compared to Apples 4+? The iPhones are overpriced but the iPads seem reasonable.

For larger screen are over 700, but think if want that will have to pay more, if 10" or so yeah its cheapest apple or 5se as talked about above.
I see never had android, thats true at least all apple devices update together to.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom