Question Larger battery and separate charger for Panny HC-VXF990

petrolhead

Just bought a Panny HC-VXF990 camcorder.

Looking for a bigger third party battery for it, I think its the VW-VBT380.

I also want a separate charger so I don't have to have the battery in the camera to charge.

Can anyone recommend a suitable battery and charger please

Terfyn

There are plenty of chargers for the 190/380 batteries - see Amazon. Mine is a mains/12V unit from EXpro. These also have a choice of plug heads which clip on to the charger body so they are suitable for travelling without an adapter.
Having purchased a 190 battery + charger in the early days, I now use a rechargeable battery pack designed to recharge phones etc. Mine is a 20,000mAh unit from AUKEY giving the usual 5V at 1 or 2 amp output.
The Panasonics can use a USB supply to recharge or to run the cameras and it is easy to purchase an additional DC lead from Panasonic Accessories (around £4) So with my camera connected to the Aukey, I can record for hours if needed. The Aukey battery has so much capacity that it is ideal for filming sessions away from a mains supply. I also recharge the 190, in camera, overnight.
I understand that there are now third party suppliers of the 190/380, you will need to do your own research.

In practical terms I have now found it unnecessary to buy extra Panasonic type batteries. My second 190 is kept as a spare for emergencies but I do swap them over about once a month to give both batteries a cycle. Plus I can use the Aukey battery for my phone and any other USB powered devices. (a desk fan in my case)

Found this package on Amazon - seems to include a 380 battery.
Ex-Pro® Panasonic VW-VBT380 VWVBT380 VBT380 High Capacity 3900mAh Lithium Li-on Digital Camercorder Battery with VWBC10, VW-BC10E Digital Camera Travel Charger for Panasonic Camcorders

Last edited:

petrolhead

I have a couple power packs so will give that a go. Where do you put the pack when using the camera

Terfyn

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom