Large Stereo Audio Matrix with RCA & RS232

AV Flyer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Could anyone help me locate from a UK supplier a large, 19" rack-mount, Stereo Audio Matrix with unbalanced RCA type input/output connectors and RS232 control please?

I'm looking typcally for something like 16 x 16, 16 x 24, 24 x 24 or even 32 x 32.

If not available to the above specification then any other recommendations or suggestions that come close would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

AVF

As you want so many inputs you are probably going to be looking at ADA suite 16 or 32, RGB Comms or Genesis technologies. These give 16*16 or 32*32 and are controllable via RS232/IP. You will need power amps to go with them. If you don't need so many inputs then you have a few more options for 16 outputs, russound, nuvo, etc.

What are you trying to do, a different approach may be possible using IP devices?

Dupe...

As Simon has indicated above, ADA are able to offer these sizes very easily.

It is worth noting that the ADA main frames are full multi room systems rather than just matrix switching only. Every output has a full featured preamp and all configuration etc are stored in the unit rather than being a requirement of the system programmer.

Check out this link for the Suite 16 Products: Multi-Room AV: Whole-House Pre Amplifiers: Suite 16 - ADA

Cheers

Many thanks dj-d and Neil. The ADA Suites 16/32 look like they will do the job just fine.

Neil, are you saying that it is not as simple as adding input modules and preamp modules into a mainframe then sending RS232 commands from the independent system controller to set the matrix configuration?

AVF

Hi,

The Suite 16 and Suite 32 are made up in to the required configuration by using the appropriate input and output cards. Where they differ is when you come to setup and use them!

Rather than being a "dumb" matrix that will do nothing until complex code is assembled by the programmer in an ADA system all of the brains are on board so that a system can be fully tested by the installer before even a single line of code is written. Kind of difficult to explain in a few lines on a forum how this differs but pretty easy to explain and demonstrate in person.

Thanks Neil, I think I understand what you are saying and the ADA Suites 16/32 sound ideal for my application - just a small matter of the job cost!

AVF

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom