Large screen with bright picture

no7reg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. I currently have a Panasonic P50V10 50" Plasma which I bought about 3 years ago. The tv is currently used in a sunlounge about 8m x 5m so loads of natural sunlights comes in during day. In evening TV is great with good natural pictures. However during daylight hours the picture is dull with a lot of reflection of the screen making it very difficult to watch with any real enjoyment

I am thinking of buying a large LED/LCD of around 50/55 inches.

The only real condition I am looking for is a good bright picture to cope with the amount of sunlight the room gets. Not really worried about the features on a Smart TV but it would seem that the brightest pictures I have seen so far come on the likes of Samsung 7000 and 8000 series. Also the Sony HX853 seems to suffers from refelction as much as my current Panny Plasma so I have ruled it out

Any suggestions as to what would be a good buy given the lighting conditions I am trying to overcome?. The Plasma will then be moved into a smaller room which does,nt have the same natural light issues as it is still agreat TV given the right conditions. I know these LED seem to come with their own issues unfortunately.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom