• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

large email ..how can i stop it !!

signs

Banned
hi all

i've got a large e-mail coming in through outlook express .and it snaling up my system. is there away i can stop it or bin it

cheers

rob

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
There is a way to stop it Rob....but I can't remember how to do it :oops:

I'm sure some of the IT geek....erm.....I mean......experts....will help you out :smashin:

I never use "Outlook" anymore, try Googlemail - it's much better :smashin:

S

SuzyG

Do you have access to remote mail via the internet (for example i can get access to my home email at work via wanadoo/orange web page and sky.com)

if so then you can go into the webmail and delete it from there and it wont come through via express

signs

Banned
Do you have access to remote mail via the internet (for example i can get access to my home email at work via wanadoo/orange web page and sky.com)
:confused:

Can I delete the incoming email from the Orange webpage from this PC (This is the one receiving the email and we still have broadband?)

Thanks for your reply

signs

Banned
there used to be a way through the freeserve page but since it has become orange i can't find it

thanks for help

rob

fortean

Set up a duplicate account in Outlook but choose IMAP instead of POP3. You will then be able to look at the e-mails on the server and delete the offending one.

The server must support IMAP but most do. Account log on details etc. should be the same.

Steve.J.Davies

if your ISP has a web interface for your mails (lots do)
set your client to not download any mails or just don't start the client..
logon via web interface and delete mail while it is still on the server.

Nimby

Distinguished Member
Thunderbird has a box to click if you want to limit emails to a specific size. Not much help if you expect lots of image attachments.

Limiting email size in mid flow probably doesn't help if the dam has already burst.

My ISP usually tells me that my inbox box is full if somebody sends me several large images all at once.

They usually all get safely delivered anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom