Large Capacity PMPs!

GR8YFOX

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I am after a 100+GB PMP that obviously plays mp3s but supports multiple video formats. I have had a look at the Cowon X7 but that supports only AVI, WMV & ASF.

I have searched and searched but can't find any that suit my requirements. The X7 would have been perfect if it supported multiple video formats. I would like a touchscreen interface too.

I have had a look at Archos too but the reviews are mixed. From a scale of 1 - 5, the reviews for Archos are across the board.

I have an Archos 70 250GB because I wanted something that would take all of my music in flac. It is OK but is not perfect, it works but has strange little foibles that you do get used to but shouldn't be there. I could not find anything else that had the same sort of capacity on the market. The other option would be tablet with with a removable SD card as these are now up to 64GB.

Thank you for the reply but even with a SD card of 64GB is not enough. I want to avoid Archos if I can. The X7 would have been the perfect choice if it supported numerous video formats.

Is there anyone else who can recommend something like the X7?

The point is you can have multiple interchangeable 64GB cards so you have unlimited capacity.

That is doable but messing around of removing and inserting SD cards is kind of a turn off for me hence why I asked for a large capacity PMP. I may consider it if the PMP suggestions are good enough and to my specifications.

A tablet I may consider as well but prefer to avoid that to be honest. Carrying around a large device like the iPad does not appeal to me as because of the size of the thing, it is easily stealable.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom