Lara to retire from One Day Internationals

Ian J

Banned
It was announced today that Brian Lara is expected to retire from ODI after the World Cup in order to concentrate on Test cricket.

Bugger, I've just paid £110 for a pair of tickets for the Edgbaston ODI next July purely to see Lara one last time :(

If I'd know last week I would have bought tickets for an England - India game instead, which I assume would have precipitated Tendulkar's premature retirement :D

huwg

A great, great player.
Ian, I don't suppose you could buy tickets for the remaining Ashes test matches could you? To see Warne, Ponting and McGrath.

Ian J

Banned
All of the Ashes tickets sold out within minutes of going on sale. I think that to make sure that I can get Ashes tickets for the next England tour I may have to become a member of Notts or Warks CCC and go on the preferential list.

KevD

Distinguished Member
Right move in the long run, I would rather see him playing Test cricket for another couple of years. But t'is a same about your tickets Ian, although I have been banging on about this WI team for some time and they are getting better all the time and have a few players that will prove value for money, including Bravo & Samuels and my fave cricketer Chris Gayle :smashin:

However, they wont be the same team without Lara.

Brian Lara's ODI Record, any team would miss this:

Mat__ Inns__ NO__ Runs___HS___Ave_____ Bf_____Sr___100's__50's___4s____6s
286___277___31__9975__169__40.54___12588__79.24___19____61___1002__124 :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom