• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Laptop with dedicated graphics ?

advido

Established Member
...I'm looking for a 15inch laptop with its own dedicated graphics (and HDMI) for general all round PC useage and media player (HDMI going into TV - possibly using XBMC )..

What's the lowest price/model suggestion for such a beast...?

Can't really afford too much so price is important !

Never had a laptop before - always had desktop PC's so this is a major change for me/us/family ...

Must be Windows based as I use all the old favourites (Office / Photoshop ect)

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Absolutely agree with brookheather, dedicated graphics will just get you less value for money, for Photoshop you want RAM and a good quality screen - possibly high resolution.

Graphics would be wasted on you if you're not gaming and you can get HDMI without dedicated graphics :)

advido

Established Member
Absolutely agree with brookheather, dedicated graphics will just get you less value for money, for Photoshop you want RAM and a good quality screen - possibly high resolution.

Graphics would be wasted on you if you're not gaming and you can get HDMI without dedicated graphics :)

..yes but if I use XBMC that has a tendency to need dedicated grpahics for best/smooth playback...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom