laptop VGA to BNC

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tech838, Aug 28, 2006.

1. tech838

tech838
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can I connect my laptop directly to a barco 600 with just a VGA to BNC/RGB cable

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Yes, but set the lap top resolution to 640x480 or 800x600 first.

The 600 chassis might go as high as 1024x768 but it may not look quite as sharp as 800x600.

I seem to remember that the BARCO likes negative syncs. Others might correct me if this is wrong.

3. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I tried with my laptop passed through my Iscan Ultra bypass, but could not get a stable image on my Barco 708 Data.

I suspect that the sync was not set up correctly VGA - 4BNC. Where should I start out to solve the problem?

4. stevem1902

stevem1902

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to do the same thing with a PC, as I understand it you can just take the output from a VGA card (HD15 connector) and split it up into the seperate RGBS needed to run the projector. I read somwhere that you need to combine the horizontal and vertical sync from the PC/laptop with a BNC "T" connector to give you the correct Sync signal. Maybe someone could correct me on this. You can get the pinout info of the VGA port from the internet, I assume (perhaps incorectly) its just a case of buying/building the correct cable to do the job. At the moment i am just useing a laptop with Composite video out, but i am hopeing for a better picture by useing the RGBS inputs on the Barco.
    keep us posted on how you get on.

Steve

5. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yeah It can be physically done as Steve suggests,

Are there any methods of a software driven pin change instead of a physical mod, thus being able to output direct from the Laptop/HTPC by manipulating the software?

6. Barcoing Mad

Barcoing Mad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Try Powerstrip. I've set sync polarites (negative) and types using it on my machine.

7. tech838

tech838
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How do you know if it is positive or negative sync, and does it matter/what will happen if it is positive sync and you leave it?

and if you do HAVE to change it what settings do i need in powerstrip to change it?
    Thank you