1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop VGA -> Denon 2805 Component In

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by shaf1970, Feb 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. shaf1970

shaf1970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Does Anyone know if I can run a VGA to Component lead from a laptop into the 2805? (2805 connects to a Panny PW6 via component out). I can run the laptop video thru the 2805 using s-video, but picture is nasty compared to a direct VGA connection from laptop to PW6, and its a pain swapping leads around...

If it will work, any ideas where to get the lead? Current component-VGA lead is a Van Damme costing £50. Don't really want to spend this much again as it's not something I'll use a lot. Especially don't want to buy one if it won't work!!

Thanks

Shaf

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I would suggest you try and burrow one. On the understanding if it works you buy it. I suggest you try and search or ask some PC oriantated guys what sort of signal is sent down a VGA lead from a PC. Check if it is RGB or Component. If it is RGB you will also need a RGB to component convertor before it hits the amp. If it is component you should be OK.