• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Laptop VGA -> Denon 2805 Component In

S

shaf1970

Hi All,

Does Anyone know if I can run a VGA to Component lead from a laptop into the 2805? (2805 connects to a Panny PW6 via component out). I can run the laptop video thru the 2805 using s-video, but picture is nasty compared to a direct VGA connection from laptop to PW6, and its a pain swapping leads around...

If it will work, any ideas where to get the lead? Current component-VGA lead is a Van Damme costing £50. Don't really want to spend this much again as it's not something I'll use a lot. Especially don't want to buy one if it won't work!!

Thanks

Shaf

Eddy Boy

I would suggest you try and burrow one. On the understanding if it works you buy it. I suggest you try and search or ask some PC oriantated guys what sort of signal is sent down a VGA lead from a PC. Check if it is RGB or Component. If it is RGB you will also need a RGB to component convertor before it hits the amp. If it is component you should be OK.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom