Laptop under £300

dibdab

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, my other half needs a new laptop as her old work place have finally realised that she has had one of there laptops for the last two years since she went on maternity leave and subsequently left.

She has a dell latitude E4310 at the moment with a core i5 and 13.3in screen and wants somthing the similar in terms of size.

We have a limited budget of £300 and i've spotted this laptop and wonder if it's good enough for the price or if we can find somthing better.

Asus X401A Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com
She mainly uses it for browsing the web and updating her blog along with the odd bit of word and excel use.

Its an OK device and will fulfill her needs, but search on Ebuyer alternative sites Save On Laptops and Laptops Direct for better prices

I'd try Argos and supermarkets as well. They tend to have cheap laptops if you are not bothered about anything specific.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Are there any processors that I should be avoiding, is the one I linked to an old model?

Hi, my other half needs a new laptop as her old work place have finally realised that she has had one of there laptops for the last two years since she went on maternity leave and subsequently left.

She has a dell latitude E4310 at the moment with a core i5 and 13.3in screen and wants somthing the similar in terms of size.

We have a limited budget of £300 and i've spotted this laptop and wonder if it's good enough for the price or if we can find somthing better.

Asus X401A Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com
She mainly uses it for browsing the web and updating her blog along with the odd bit of word and excel use.

if she doesn't mind something a bit bigger (15.5'' screen), i'd recommend a lenovo G580. i bought one of these this week, & once i've finished transferring all the data & sorted out the issues with windows live mail (it won't accept my username or password- apparently i need to call talk talk to sort it out), it will replace this one, a toshiba satellite L30. the lenovo cost me £300 from currys/pc world. it has 1tb hard drive, 6gb RAM, & an HD screen.

if she doesn't mind something a bit bigger (15.5'' screen), i'd recommend a lenovo G580. i bought one of these this week, & once i've finished transferring all the data & sorted out the issues with windows live mail (it won't accept my username or password- apparently i need to call talk talk to sort it out), it will replace this one, a toshiba satellite L30. the lenovo cost me £300 from currys/pc world. it has 1tb hard drive, 6gb RAM, & an HD screen.

Thanks i'll take a look.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom