laptop to TV

steve k

Established Member
Reaction score
How can i connect up my laptop to my 36" tosh TV so i can watch saved DVD movies of my hard drive, have windows XP.

Help please in configuring my laptop too, i know you can have dual screen but don't know how to set it up :confused:

Steve a lot will depend on the Outputs your Laptop Will support. Most Laptops have a VGA port. If you use the Fn key on the keyboard and press it at the same time as the F7 or F8 (depending on the make of Laptop) it will cycle through LCD, External and Both.

However you need to convert the VGA port to Composite or SVideo for your TV. For that you will need some type of convertor. Lecktropacks or one of theose companies will have a device to do it.

However I dont think VGA to CRT TV will produce a great picture. There will be issues of screen resolution vs Widescreen etc.

Rog

laptop has got TV out on it

Steve if you have TV out the configuration should be in the video setup. On the desktop, right click select properties and one of the tabs should sort out the TV out. All you need is WinDVD or PowerDVD to play the saved files.

Rog

I can get the desk top to show up on my TV but when i play the movie of my harddrive can see the power DVD screen but when i start the movie it dose not show on the TV everythink else is here

Most DVD software runs as an overlay and, as a result, only appears on the main monitor. You need to make the TV the main monitor and how you do this generally depends on the laptop model and screen drivers.

Generally look in screen / properties / settings / advanced.

It would help to know what model laptop you have. There's a chance someone will know have to drive it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom