laptop to tv...HDMI VGA?? help meeee please x

angelkerry

Standard Member
Hi,

I am trying to hook my laptop up to my tv but i cant seem to do it. Ok you will have to bare with me because i really dont know what i am doing...please help me!
Ok, so i am trying to plug my sony vaio into my philips hd flat screen tv. I have a HDMI cable that plugs directly into the tv and on the other end i have a VGA converter attached to the cable that plugs into my computer. I have no idea on these sorts of things, but the person in the shop reccomended it to me and its just not working!! When i select HDMI on my TV it just says 'no output signal'?? Do i have the wrong cable and converter? Please tell me you know what i going on about someone?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
HDMI is Digital.

VGA is Analogue.

You require an active converter to get them working - an adapter will never work; take it back for a refund.

If the TV has a VGA port use that - otherwise you require a VGA to HDMI converter box (around 150.00 GBP).

Joe

sophiezeng

Standard Member
if you can use the USB to VGA adapter,then VGA/PC to TV converter box,that can be work for your.
Also if your TV have VGA port,can directly use USB to VGA adapter

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom