Laptop to Panasonic TX32LXD52

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Marcus Geezer, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Marcus Geezer

Marcus Geezer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone advise a solution that would allow me to connect my laptop to my Panasonic TX32LXD52 LCD TV?

2. musti

musti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Do you have DVI out on your Laptop?

In that Case DVI -> HDMI would work best. I wouldnt expect 1:1 pixel mapping though, i could be wrong tho.

I don't have DVI out on mine, but I gave SVHS a whirl, and to be honest, it looked... well..... rubbish.... :suicide:

3. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    As before, DVI-HDMI is definitely the best way... and it's currently how I connect my PowerBook or Mac mini to mine :) Looks good as well.

4. Dr Evil

Dr Evil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stuart,

I've got a mac mini and am planning on buying my first LCD TV very soon. The Panasonic 26LXD52 or its 32-inch big brother is my current top choice. What do you reckon? Also, any recommended DVI-to-HDMI cable?

5. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Dr,

I personally think the LXD52 is brilliant. It's one of the few LCDs I *really* like. Great picture via DVD and it's capable with offair signals as well :)

To be honest I can't recommend a DVI-HDMI cable as I use a DVI-HDMI adapter that I use with my HDMI lead... it was cheaper than buying a proper cable! However now my HDMI cable is in my wall at last for the cinema room in progress... perhaps that was a little shortsighted! :) So I'd be interested in people recommending a DVI-HDMI cable as well.

Stu

6. Dr Evil

Dr Evil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the confirmation re the LXD52.

Next question for you: I live in Gibraltar and am planning to buy the Panasonic in Spain.

Having a built-in digital TV tuner is not a necessary requirement for me, as there's no sign (so far as I am aware) of terrestrial digital here or in Spain (we get TV via cable).

Probably for these reasons, the LXD52 does not seem to be available in Spain. The available models are: 26LX52F, 32LX52F, 26LX500F, 32LX500F and a couple of 4:3 ones.

Any idea what the differences are between, say, your Panasonic and the 32LX52F? And which on that list would you recommend for me?

Thanks, o wise one.

7. Marcus Geezer

Marcus Geezer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No DVI on Laptop and cant modify as work laptop.

Any other suggestions?

8. Marcus Geezer

Marcus Geezer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok.. after my thread was hijacked to help people buy TV's in Spain :nono: , can anyone actually help me with my original post of....

How do I connect a laptop (without DVI output) to my Panasonic TX32LXD52 LCD TV?????

Can anyone offer any suggestions that don't include a whopping assumption. To be honest if I had a DVI output it's a no brainer to get a DVI to HDMI lead, and wouldnt have spent time asking the question here would I? :suicide:

9. Lin3ar

Lin3ar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Your attitude baffles me.People have tried to help you but you have not got the answer you were after.Maybe if you had provided more relevant infomation you would have recieved a more accurate answer wouldn't you.
    Rant over, here is my opinion.HD can only be carried by either HDMI,DVI or component.If your laptop graphics card does not support any of these then you are in trouble.Maybe the answer is to upgrade your graphics card.

10. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    The simple answer is that you don't. The 500 I believe is essentially identical in terms of panel and processing, but the additional cost is for the PC input and card reader. (as well as nicer styling)

11. mikthe20

mikthe20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    It should be possible to get a vga to dvi adapter and then go from dvi to hdmi. Don't know if this would actually work with this TV, but the adapter/cables to do this are easily available.

12. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    It will not work, as HDMI is digital only. (VGA is analogue)

A VGA to DVI cable would work on a display that has a DVI-I port, as that accepts both digital and analogue signals. It will not work on DVI-D or HDMI.

13. pixelated

pixelated

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Your original post omitted your lack of a DVI port.

There is no need for such an attitude ...

14. mikthe20

mikthe20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Fair point - thanks for that.

15. Marcus Geezer

Marcus Geezer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Stuart.

I didn't even know that laptops came with DVI ports nowadays. Is that a standard feature?

Lin3ar;

Thanks for the patronising comment. Hope you enjoyed writing it more than I enjoyed reading it. Perhaps you might want to consider that I actually came on here to find out information and not be critisised for not knowing something.. i.e. the fact that laptops have DVI ports now... :confused:

Please read my previous post where I said I cannot modify my work laptop. And why am I in trouble?

Ok... from reading the various posts it would seem that I cannot connect my laptop which has a vga port, to my TV which has various different inputs on it. Job done and dusted.

I humbly apologise to everyone for my 'attitude' and will go and get it checked, or whatever. :rotfl:

16. Cantagalli

Cantagalli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i am spanish and i´ve just bought Panasonic 32LX52F . The difference with the british model 32LXD52 is that it comes with analogue tuner , no digital tuner.
    That is the only difference.

I don´t know the situation in gibraltar but in Spain you have more than 20 free digital tv channels, so if you want to watch them you´ll have to buy an independient digital tv tuner, here we call it " TDT " (Television Digital Terrestre).

If you ask me why Continental LCDs come without digital tv tuner, i don´t know , you´ll have to ask this to Panasonic. I would prefer LXD52 model, but it´s not possible in continental europe.

I Hope this will help you.:)