Laptop to Panasonic Tv display prob

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by ricky69, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ricky69

ricky69
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys....

Not sure if I'm in the right place here but
    I'm trying to find a solution here and its driving me bonkers. I'm trying to hook up my Laptop Inspiron 1545 running Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit to my Panasonic Viera hd tv. As the tv has no /usb/vga only hdmi and the laptop just vga /svideo I decided to get myself a vga/hdmi converter box and no matter what I try it I can't seem to get a picture.
    Ive upgraded all the win7 drivers vga display monitor etc as well as pressing the fn/f8 keys and sending the output to monitor etc also messed about with the resolution settings .
    I took it back to the shop and it seems to work fine on other tv's I also tried it on my 2 daughters tv's and it also works fine. So now I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this is it a laptop/pc prob or a tv prob ??.......appreciate any feedback before the men in white coats come ..lol
    thanx
    Barry

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    What resolution are you using? I'd think either 1280x720 or 1366x768 are likely to be your best bets for compatibility.

3. ricky69

ricky69
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.....ya I been trying out a few diff ones and tried both of the ones you mentioned but still not a flicker.....just to mention also its just a basic adaptor that came with the laptop Mobile Intel (R) 945 Express Chipset Family and the monitor is just the Generic PnP Monitor whether that might have some bearing on things .

4. ricky69

ricky69
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yes as I said I've upgraded those drivers as well .