• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

laptop to my lcd..

pack82

Standard Member
Hi i want to connect my laptop to my lcd tv which cable will be best a.....

svideo to svideo
VGA / SVGA Cable
VGA to 3 COMPONENT.

thanks guys..

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
It would help if you quoted the TV make and model (and the same for the laptop).
VGA to VGA would be easiest and most flexible, assuming the TV has a VGA input (most LCD TVs do).
S-video would be lower quality and VGA-to-component requires format conversion (expensive and messes with the signal).

Chris Muriel, Manchester

lostbok

Established Member
I'll agree with Chris - need to know laptop make and model... you may be missing out on options.... e.g. on first impressions, the only option on my Thinkpad T60 is a VGA line out and 3.5mm stereo audio out... but drop it on the port rep and it does beautiful DVI to HDMI H264 decoding, complete with SPDIF out ot the amp via the almost hidden little co-axial ausio jack on the bottom of the port replicator!

What resolution is the TV? Best if we could know the make and model of the TV.

IS this just for general PC use or do you have some particular media in mind? If so, SD or HD? 720p or 1080p?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom