Laptop Specs Help

geodel1205

Novice Member
Hey guys good morning, Im new to this forum and new to the computer world. I am starting school for computer science in January and want to learn more as I go. I have this laptop and i want to make it better for gaming. All the help that any of you can give would greatly be appreciated.
1598360400716.jpeg

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Laptops components generally don't adhere to standard form factors so you can't swap in a newer part.

You might be able to fiddle around a bit with it for some minor performance gains, replacing the CPU with one from the same era and adding more memory.

But you're essentially stuck with 2011 performance. You're not going to make it able to run the latest graphically demanding games, or even five year old ones.

geodel1205

Novice Member
Laptops components generally don't adhere to standard form factors so you can't swap in a newer part.

You might be able to fiddle around a bit with it for some minor performance gains, replacing the CPU with one from the same era and adding more memory.

But you're essentially stuck with 2011 performance. You're not going to make it able to run the latest graphically demanding games, or even five year old ones.
So your best bet is to replace the laptop then

razy60

So your best bet is to replace the laptop then
There are 2 things on that laptop that can be upgraded, The ram and changing the hard drive none of which will give enough of a boost to play anything more than a basic game in a low mode. So yes the optimal option is to get a better laptop, maybe not what you wanted to hear but .

next010

Distinguished Member
GeForce Now if you have decent internet is worth the subscription fee, your laptop wont need any upgrades as its cloud streaming the game but you will need to watch out for any bandwidth caps.

GeForce Now gives you access to various games you own on the Epic Games Store and Steam store fronts. So even if you stop using GeForce Now you still own those games and can play them again on a future laptop.

geodel1205

Novice Member
GeForce Now if you have decent internet is worth the subscription fee, your laptop wont need any upgrades as its cloud streaming the game but you will need to watch out for any bandwidth caps.

GeForce Now gives you access to various games you own on the Epic Games Store and Steam store fronts. So even if you stop using GeForce Now you still own those games and can play them again on a future laptop.
thanks alot brother i will look into this until i get a gaming laptop built then

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom