1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop - Sony HS10

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by GlasgowGary, Jan 18, 2003.

1. GlasgowGary

GlasgowGary
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, just received my PJ this morning from NexNix which I ordered yesterday at 3.45pm, arrived this morning here in Glasgow at 9.05am :) .

My question is:

What cable/cables do I need to be able to connect my laptop to the PJ ? Not necessarily for playing DVD's(I have a player), just for general use. I currently have all other devices connected via the amp.

DELL Inspiron 8200
    P4 1.7MHz
    G-Force 2 Go 32mb
    256 DDR Ram
    DVD
    S-Video port
    Firewire

Any advice would be appreciated
    Gary

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    S-video is your only option unless you have a DVI port on your laptop.

Even then, unless you can get it to output 1368x768 @ 56hz, you'll be limited to a 4/3 ratio picture/windows desktop etc... (1024x768 XGA).

Or, get Sony's VGA (multi connector) cable for the HS10, but I've not heard of anyone using this yet.

3. beta

beta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the sony VGA to PJ-multi cable, and all I can say is if you want to use the PJ-Multi breakout cable as a second component input to the HS10 then swapping the 2 cables is a pain BIGTIME.

You have to set in the menu the inputA is RGB component or computer.

apart from that it works a treat! I cant get it to accept anything wide screen, and the best res is 1024x768 at 75htz which it seems to lock onto pixel perfect.

the cable isnt all that cheap, about $120 AU which I think is about 45 uk pounds

:D My HS10 and 1251QM stuff :D

4. GlasgowGary

GlasgowGary
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for your help yet again, How do I check the refresh rate of 56Hz( in the PJ menu?) . I can run the laptop at 1600x1200, This exceeds the required resolution, so I'm not sure how it would perform, hopefully try later today. I have a connection at the back of the laptop for connecting/sourcing the screen to another monitor (15 pin-2 screws either side).

Thanx again
    Gary

5. beta

beta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you run it higher than 1024x768, on my unit it simply only shows the upper 768 pixels of the display (chops off the bottom) and horizontally squeezes/scales the picture to 1024, thus it looks all funny like 16x9 dvd output shown on a 4x3 telly.

:D My HS10 and 1251QM stuff :D