• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Question laptop shopping for web developer

catdaw24

Novice Member
Hi All,
I want to buy a new laptop for my OH for Christmas, but to keep it a secret I'm very limited on what questions I can ask.
I know so far its needs to be a min: i5 , 15'6 screen, not sure what else! he needs to have multiple programs open, use tool like firefox etc.
I haven't got a clue, and its a big purchase! Can someone give me advice please? Thanks.
C

D

Deleted member 27989

Hi All,
I want to buy a new laptop for my OH for Christmas, but to keep it a secret I'm very limited on what questions I can ask.
I know so far its needs to be a min: i5 , 15'6 screen, not sure what else! he needs to have multiple programs open, use tool like firefox etc.
I haven't got a clue, and its a big purchase! Can someone give me advice please? Thanks.
C
Don’t buy it would be my advice.

Whilst I appreciate the thought I’d not be happy someone else buying a laptop for my development work based on recommendations from others.

Web developer is also very generic. My apps end up on the web. I require a six core processor, 32 GB ram and wouldn’t want anything below 4K as a screen nor a 1TB SSD.

It is a very big purchase, but unless your OH has been specific about what he would want, don’t even attempt it.

acm1

Hi All,
C

Do you know what operating system they use currently? That's probably the first question that needs answering.

MacOS, Windows or Linux?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom