• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Laptop Screen Upgrade

samjbuckley

Novice Member
I have a Dell Inspiron 15-7559 Gaming Laptop with i7 Processor an Nvidia GEFORCE GTX graphics card. The screen isn't HD however and is fairly poor quality. Does anyone know if it possible for me to have a HD screen fitted into this laptop? If so, where would I go to get it done. Would I be best approaching an independent upgrade supplier or would Dell offer the ability to do so?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

DavidG1

Established Member
The specs for this computer say it has either
LED Backlit Anti Glare Display with FHD resolution (1920 x 1080)
LED Backlit Anti Glare Display with UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) and touch features

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Laptop screens have been equivalent or better than HD TV resolution since the 90s so it definitely is 'HD'. Chances are the poor quality is down to some other aspect such as brightness, contrast or colour gamut.

Screens aren't standardised so it's not a simple job of just buying another off the shelf. Laptop's often come with multiple screen options though, and it's often possible to fit one of those.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom