Laptop S/PDIF, ffdshow, Creative DDTS-100

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by Rajveer, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Rajveer

Rajveer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi guys, I'm trying to use my laptop as an htcp with my hdtv downstairs. So far for video I've installed:

ffdshow - majority of video filetype decoding
    PureVideo - dvd and .ts file decoding
    Haali Media Splitter - since PureVideo doesn't like decoding audio from some .ts files I have, so I get ffdshow to decode the ac3 audio instead of PureVideo

Audio is another matter: I have no idea what to do. I have a laptop with inbuilt Realtek HD 7.1 audio and S/PDIF which I want to use for 5.1 channel output to my DDTS-100 decoder. The decoder can detect whether or not a Dolby Digital signal is present and it seems this is the only way I can get 5.1 channels from my laptop. So in ffdshow audio decoder configuration under codecs, I change AC3 to S/PDIF and the AC3 audio is detected by my decoder. Now my question is, what about other audio types which have 5.1 channels (such as WMA 9 Pro) in my media? How can I get my decoder to detect those too? Would I encode these on-the-fly to AC3 so that my decoder detects it as AC3? If so how so? Which audio types should I convert?

Cheers for any help!