Laptop running on high temparatures

dillo161

Standard Member
Hi all,

I'm using my Acer Aspire laptop which I purchased in September 2012. The laptop has been running fine, until about October last year. I have noticed that it gets very hot quite quickly, and these temperatures noticeably affect the performance of the laptop. When streaming HD videos on youtube, the fans start spinning on max and cause alot of noise, i can feel the laptop getting very hot, and due to this, the video becomes very laggy and jittery. The laptop has never shut down on me, or blue screened yet.

Are there any adjustments i can make so that the laptop runs cooler?

Here are a few specs of my laptop:
- Intel i5-3210M @ 2.50GHz
- 8GB of RAM
- nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 630M . 2GB
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)

Thanks,

Dillon

Cameron583

You'll want to disassemble the laptop and completely clean out the cooler. I just serviced an old Dell with the same problem. It was reaching 80 degrees after 5 minutes of use. The heatsink had a massive clump of dust and dog hair in it. HAD.

Runs at 45 degrees now all the time, and much quieter.

dillo161

Standard Member
You'll want to disassemble the laptop and completely clean out the cooler. I just serviced an old Dell with the same problem. It was reaching 80 degrees after 5 minutes of use. The heatsink had a massive clump of dust and dog hair in it. HAD.

Runs at 45 degrees now all the time, and much quieter.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did exactly as you said, and voila! My fan and heatsink were clogged with dust! Luckily i had a compressed air can which helped along with a screwdriver! Now its running quieter, and videos don't lag. Thanks so much for this!!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom