• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Question laptop recommendation: browsing, youtube - any cheaper Macbook pro alternatives?

Boro22

Hi guys

looking for a recommendation for my home office. I have just bought a 27inch QHD Dell USB C monitor so can easily switch between my work laptop and any new laptop. I also have MX keys and mouse - so can easily switch between the two laptops.

i am looking for a fast reliable laptop that i will only use for the following: Browsing forums, youtube, watching Sky Go on second screen etc etc. I would like it to have USB C Thunderbolt so i can easily switch laptops.

I like the simplicity of apple products, i already have an ipad and iphone.. But more than happy to take a Dell XPS 13 if it does the job??

any guidance or advice would be appreciated. don't really want to spend more than £350 (used). can i get much for my money?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
So which features on the Type C connector are you actually using? Presumably DP Alt mode for the display. USB-PD for charging the laptop? Thunderbolt PCI-E lanes?

Boro22

my dell work laptop does not have thunderbolt 3, so will use usb-c for display and data.

this new laptop i want to get: i want it to power, display and data.

In essence, i just want to switch the cable from work laptop to new laptop (and use same screen)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom