Laptop recomendations

virtual_boy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Both of those series are availible in shops like comet so you could probably go and find them and check out build quality and screen quality.

I would personally look at dells outlet store, you can get a 1530 which is alot better than the ones your looking at for around the same money.
dont be put off that there from the outelt as they will be brand new with 12 months warranty

Had a look at the outlet and found a nice XPS, unfortunately the missus said no coz of some story on watchdog about problems with dell home systems? Typical!

Damn man you need to tell her :)
I buy loads from Outlet and find dells customer service second to none.
If you ever get a problem which is unlikely they WILL sort you out.
Cant recommend them enough :smashin: for dell

Was just looking at the 1530's again, the dell site states the graphics card as a NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS with 128MB dedicated.
I checked the NVIDIA website as I was sure the GS had 256MB dedicated, how come the GPU's are lower spec on the dell systems?

Graphics chip makers usually allow card/laptop makers some leeway in memory amount/chip speed.

I would happily recommend Dell too. Ive had 4 Dell laptops now and never had an issue. Also if buying new never order online, call them and haggle with price. I specced a Laptop and LCD just year past January online and it came in at £2700. Called Dell and over space of couple days haggling i got it for £1900 which was actually £50 cheaper than the laptop alone came to.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom