Laptop question

bobbyR24

Novice Member
Hey guys I’m thinking of buying a laptop for gaming I’m UK based so if prices can be in £ I would appreciate. Anyway here’s the system requirements for the game I want to run which is war thunder if you can help at all I will greatly appreciate it thank you🙂
  • Processor: Dual-Core 2.4 GHz
  • Memory: 8 Gb
  • Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 460 or higher, AMD Radeon 55XX series or higher
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 11 Gb

duncfunk

Those are some pretty old required specs. If that's the only game you want to play then anything with a 4000 series Ryzen apu or the new Intel 11000 series processors will have strong enough on board graphics to handle that with ease. If you want to play more modern games as well then you'll probably need something with a dedicated gpu. What kind of budget are you looking at?

bobbyR24

Novice Member
Those are some pretty old required specs. If that's the only game you want to play then anything with a 4000 series Ryzen apu or the new Intel 11000 series processors will have strong enough on board graphics to handle that with ease. If you want to play more modern games as well then you'll probably need something with a dedicated gpu. What kind of budget are you looking at?
Up to around 450-500 second hand models I know can be bought for less I just need to know what sort of models to look at thank you

duncfunk

In that budget you should be able to find something with a 1650 graphics card. Examples would be the Acer Nitro or HP Pavilion.

Amazon product
Amazon product
If buying second hand you'll be looking at these models but with an older cpu like the 3500U or Intel 10000 series.

addyb

Distinguished Member
I got a Dell G5 a couple of weeks back. Spec wise:

Ryzen 5 - 4600H
Radeon 5600m
256 m.2 ssd
8gb ddr4 3200
15" 144mhz ips display

This cost me £585 brand new. I spent an extra £150 on my own upgrades (an additional 1TB m.2 ssd, 16gb ram) and its great. For the money im well pleased with it. Performance wise it pretty much runs everything on high settings @ 60fps.

This was from hotukdeals so i would keep my eye on that.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom