Laptop or PC to Hitachi 42PD5200

james_19742000

Novice Member
Hi all,

I am thinking about connecting my main PC up to my 42PD5200, also I am getting a lappy in a coupel of weeks time, what woudl be the best way of being able to connect either or to the Plasma please?

Is it possible, and if so how, if it is what cables woudl I need?

Thanks in advance.

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum?

James

B

brethy

you can connect your pc & your laptop to your plasma at the same time if you really want to ,with one connecting via the vga port and the other to the dvi port i have found both giving great results ,there is a dedicated audio input for these ports but only one at a time but isn't really a problem.:lesson: :lesson: :thumbsup: :smashin:

james_19742000

Novice Member
So you can use the VGA port, it would only be one at a time though, presume the VGA port is the one that looks like a DVI connection but a slightly different size isnt it??? Sound liek a right muppet dont I !!!! :)

Then I presume as my sound comes from my amp, I would just pop the sound into there, also does the VGA accept HD signals does it? If it does where abouts could I download some HD content to try the HD on my Plasma please?

Thanks, James.

camorra

Novice Member
james_19742000 said:
Then I presume as my sound comes from my amp, I would just pop the sound into there, also does the VGA accept HD signals does it? If it does where abouts could I download some HD content to try the HD on my Plasma please?
Absolutely right :thumbsup:

A search here or by google will do the trick for HD material :)

james_19742000

Novice Member
Brilliant many thanks for your help guys, so I just need to buy a VGA to VGA lead then?

Thanks.

James