• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Laptop/Notebook Advice Needed

StuK

Novice Member
Hi all. I need pointing in the right direction for a suitable laptop/notebook up to around a 14" screen size. So, basically I bought a new HP Social from PC World for using in my business for client bookings. The booking system is online use so basically that's all it's needed for, nothing else installed. The HP, to be blunt, was a pile of crap, and got returned after 2 days use; the calendar page kept sticking on loading and the CPU was always running at 99% and there was nothing installed on the system apart from Windows 10 and the stuff that comes with it. Took it back to PC World who didn't even offer any advice or ask what the issue was, straight refund, not even a smile!
Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should be looking out for that is only for internet use and will not freeze up every 2 seconds like the HP? Thanks in advance :)

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
HP Social? Do you mean an HP Slate.

Laptops at that price aren't very fast but given your description it sounds like you got a faulty one.

StuK

Novice Member
I read it wrong, it's an HP but classed as Social (the others are Everyday). This is the link to the computer
HP Stream 14-ax050sa 14" Laptop - Blue
I'm not sure what the issue was with it, nobody seemed to care or even ask what it was being used for, can they assist etc etc
PC World is the only place I've been to where they don't want to take my money !:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom