1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

laptop noise

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by steve k, Apr 18, 2004.

1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Has anyone had problem with there laptop transfering background noise when headphones or hi fi pluged into headphone socket.
    I have a Time XP2600 when it is pluged in to my hifi before playing any music, if volume on hifi is turner up you can hear a noise, when playing music file if there is i quieter passage playing you can here the noise.

Went and took the laptop to the Computer shop which is part of Time and the guy in sop said it was background noise that was normal but i don't think thats right when i first got the laptop am sure it wasen't as bad as now or even if it was there before it seams to have gotten louder to me.

Is this normal for laptops or could there be a problem, the reason i ask is last time i sent a laptop back to Time they charged me 50 quid before they would look at it and said if they found a problem would get my money back but of coure they said there was nothing wrong so lost me 50 quid was p*ssed of to say he least this one is still under warranty :mad:

2. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    take it im the only one with this problem as no one has bothered to reply