1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop needs new drive

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by KoThreads, Apr 26, 2005.

1. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Built many pc's but never even looked in a laptop. now I have to as my thinkpads drive has gone to HDD heaven.

Ebuyer do 20 mb's, it's all I need, for about £45 inc p&p but how easy is it to swap one out, and can I just install my XP pro SP-1 straight on it? I have no IBM drivers as it was second hand so will I have to download any, or for the ammout I use it, wll it'll still do what I need it to do. That didn't sound right did it!

Cheers

IDo

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +335
    Yes it is pretty easy to do, it will either slide out of the side of the laptop, or it may be in a compartment underneath. Just undo a couple of screws and you should get easy access to it - swap it over, tell the bios to boot from CD stick XP in the CD drive and you are away... You should be able to download the latest drivers from the laptop manufacturers website.
    lisa

3. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Thanks lisa