laptop MKV > LCD guide without stutter / judder etc / audio not in sync

wipe0wt

Standard Member
Hi guys,

People believe certain things about all this HD stuff and I for one got pretty confused so I decided to trial and error all the programs myself! Ignore all this frames/hz stuff, I found all that wasnt the problem, it is the codecs!

After faffing around for hours pssing the gf off something rotten I believe I have the answer!!!

I tried all the players out there but only 2 work 100% VLC & BS player!!!!

Try VLC first, it is simple!!!

You can speed up the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC playback by disabling loop filter for H.264 decoding. To do this go to Tools -> Preferences... (set Show Settings to All) and Input / Codecs -> Other codecs -> FFmpeg and in the drop-down box for Skip the loop filter for H.264 decoding change it to All. Remember to press Save to save VLC settings and restart VLC after that to make sure changes are enabled.

BS player:

When you play MKV files in BSPlayer, the coreavc and ffdshow icons should pop up (two blue icons, one round other w/white background). If it doesn't, then you didn't configure FFDShow to disable the handling of "H.264/AVC" formats.

• If still slow turn off cuda acceleration in coreAVC !!! Stop here if all works, I havent tried the below out:
Hey presto, 2 x players both outputting hd with sound in sync!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Wipe0wt

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom