• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

laptop hard drive accessing files problem

jerrardm

Standard Member
my 5 year old HP laptop has been an endless source of problems for me, I have been through three hard drives in that time, most recently last month. Now the new hard drive is playing up. I replaced the fan on the laptop as I thought that was causing problems as it stopped working but last night that stopped working too and today I cannot access Win7 when I boot up, well, I can access the repair console of Win7 and it tells me it can see the OS but none of the repair options work and I don't have a system image to restore.

I took the hard drive out and hot plugged it into my pc and it can see the files in explorer but when I click on my username and try and access those files the progress bar just keeps going and going but doesn't get to the next folder where the information is stored.

does anyone have any experience of this and how I might get to the files to extract them?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom