1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop Gaming

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by snuffy1, Jun 20, 2003.

1. snuffy1

snuffy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and want to get a new laptop... Dell have a inspiron with a pentium 4 3.06 mhz.... but what i really want to know is where in ireland or delivered to, can i get a laptop with the new 3.06 mhz and a 128 bit graphics card...

I know a pc would be better but i want a need a laptop and want to find out where i can get the fastest one possible... with 128 bit graphics card...

I am probably asking for too much out of a laptop but a man has to try...

Any help would be great lads....

cheers:D

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Go for it.

My Dell Inspiron 8200 copes with most games quite well. Only 1942 caused a problem.

It has a 64Mb card, and I've found that by backing off a touch of resolution etc, it'll run games without bother.

So if you get one with a 128mb card, you'll be laughing.

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
  4. snuffy1

snuffy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks allot for your help.... I will have a look around

thanks again....:clap:

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    I have just purchased a Dell Inspiron 8500 which incorporates the nVidia GeForce4Go 4200 - which, until the GeForceFX Go makes an affordable appearance is the best mobile gaming chip (it is equal to a Ti desktop chip unlike the G4G 420 and 440 which are MX technology chips).

The laptop itself has no problems handling any game that I've tried - 007: Nightfire, Elite Force II, No One Lives Forever 2 and Unreal II have all run very well without me having to scale down any options. All very playable.

The only snag is the Widescreen monitor (there is no option for a normal one) - everything runs but old games get 'stretched' sideways. This is less noticeable than you might think although is quite annoying on such an expensive piece of kit. The jury is still out on 'newer' games, i.e. I'm not quite sure if it's stretched or not. On the whole though it's a good gaming laptop.

6. didjerama

didjerama

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would go with alienware to. The reviews and benchmarks of their laptops are very good.

7. snuffy1

snuffy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers....:D