laptop for £500

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mp09, Feb 9, 2009.

1. mp09

mp09
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i looking for a laptop to buy and i have a budget of £500. i am looking for a laptop which has at least 4hrs of battery life.
    i would not require an integrated camera or a blu-ray player. a 2-3gb RAM would also be ideal.

i was also wondering about buying a laptop but i not sure about graphics cards. would games like football manager 2009 and medieval 2 total war work on an Intel GMA X4500 or would it be better off getting an ATI radeon hd 3450.

i am looking for a laptop similar to the one below.
    [​IMG] Toshiba Satellite A300-1MC - Intel Core 2 Duo T5800: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

i am not too sure about this laptop, what do you think?

many thanks

2. Fen Star

Fen Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    I have just purchased one of these(be delivered today) allthough i will not be using it for gaming, so can't answer if it will fit your needs, but if it does turn out to fit your needs then you may want to look at Agos as they heve it for £449, see link below...:)

Toshiba Satellite A300-1MC [MOD Comment by graham.myers: froogle referral link removed - please do not use links from other websites with referral links]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
  3. pughypro

pughypro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I think you will struggle to find a laptop that gives over four hours of battery life!

Especially while gaming.

I think on average you would be looking at around 2 - 2.5hrs. I've been looking at this myself recently as I have an Acer Aspire 5535 and get about 2 hrs from this just internet use.

I'm now looking into the netbook market as this seems to be where the extended battery life comes into its own.

Not sure if its suitable for your needs though?

If you are going to be gaming on it do you need such a battery life? Would you not be in one permanent place?

Just a question? :smashin:

4. Fen Star

Fen Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    I have never heard of froggle, i have no idea what your talking about, i linked to Argos the link that is still there....:confused:

5. kav

kav
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    Those referral links are generated automatically by the forum software. However it can be tricky for a moderator to identify which ones have been created by the site and which have been "planted" by a user. In your case it appears to have been a legitimate referral done by the system.