• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

laptop drivers help please

den9112

Prominent Member
Hi, i have just purchased a samsung v20 laptop and it is ok for my sons needs , however all it came with is the power cable and no software disc . I have a retail version of xp home that i have not registered yet so i want to put this on the laptop and format the exsisting hard drive which is 20 gig and fat 32 . It has a built in wireless connection which works and the sound and graphics are all fine . Could anyone tell me the best way to get the drivers for the system as i believe i would need them for the wireless ,sound and graphics or will my xp have them . any help would be apreciated . Thanks

CP-PC

Established Member
windows xp will have most drivers (albeit generic ones) so you might not get the full functionality from the components if you use the generic drivers. the best bet is to find out the spec of the laptop and download the drivers from the manufactures websites. im assuming that you have the laptop up and running (as you said the various bits where working) then you can go into the system properties to find out what drivers you already have installed and what hardware you have (so you can download the correct drivers.
hope this helps

ps if you need to know where to find what hardware you laptop has just go into device manager (in the control panel)

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Yes, most manufacturers put the latest drivers on their website so if v20 is the model you should just be able to put that into samsung's support website and get them.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom