Laptop closes and reopens by itself, HELP

Error 404

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a Acer Aspire 5930G laptop. The problem here is that the laptop closes unexpectedly and then reopens by itself.( It can close after 5 minutes ,sometimes can last about 30 minutes) .As it reopens before the windows 7's "welcome" appear, it closes again ,and does that over and over again (loop). But when I boot on safe mode it can be opened for hours.
I have bought new charger,
it's without battery,
It is on a base (fan so its not the temperature)
Even if I don't have something plugged in (usb, mouse etc.)will close
I have formatted it many times with different OS (w7, w10, ubuntu )
Please help me, thanks in advance.

If it's doing it with different operating systems it's almost certainly a hardware fault. Given that it's at least ten years old it's not worth trying to fix it.

Try a selective start-up and select items start to see if it is something running is causing this to happen.

1. Click on Start > type msconfig in the seach field and press the Enter key

2. In the General tab > Select Selective startup

3. Check the items you want to be loaded at Windows startup and press the OK button

CCYqox8V-star-s-.png

Try a selective start-up and select items start to see if it is something running is causing this to happen.

1. Click on Start > type msconfig in the seach field and press the Enter key

2. In the General tab > Select Selective startup

3. Check the items you want to be loaded at Windows startup and press the OK button

CCYqox8V-star-s-.png
Didn't work... something else?

So you are saying that you have tried various OS's and the same happens?

But when you boot to safe mode, I assume in any of the OS's you mention, the machine is okay?

I also assume you're saying you close the safe mode session yourself?

Have you updated the BIOS or any other drivers on the machine?

Last edited:
Your assumption are right
So you are saying that you have tried various OS's and the same happens?

But when you boot to safe mode, I assume in any of the OS's you mention, the machine is okay?

I also assume you're saying you close the safe mode session yourself?

Have you updated the BIOS or any other drivers on the machine?
Your assumptions are right. But I haven't updated the BIOS or other drivers because the laptop is old and there aren't new driver updates.
I have to mention that it started doing that after I upgraded from w7 to w10(cracked). Now it's on w7(genuine). Could it be a virus on BIOS , if it is a thing?
Btw thanks for your helping!

Could be that something happened if you used a cracked version of W10. Bios viruses though are usually associated with ransomware.

The site below is for your drivers and bios etc.

Product Support | Acer United States

In Start menu type System Information

In the System Information window make a note of the BIOS Version on your system

1569341910509.png

Post that back here please.

IMG_20190924_210025.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the image but I am using my phone right now. So as I can see BIOS needs an update.
What's your thoughts
Could be that something happened if you used a cracked version of W10. Bios viruses though are usually associated with ransomware.

The site below is for your drivers and bios etc.

In Start menu type System Information

In the System Information window make a note of the BIOS Version on your system

View attachment 1198619

Post that back here please.
IMG_20190924_210025.jpg

So as I can see BIOS needs an update. (Sorry for the quality of image and language is on greek)
What are your thoughts?

Yes I would update the BIOS to V1.23 and that would then sort the BIOS in case it was somehow a virus placed with the cracked W10 you put on machine.

Do you know how to go about that? If not let us know and we can guide you through it. You should though be able to click on the link provided above and select the bios update that way. Or you could download it onto a USB stick and then do the BIOS update. Is your internet connection a good one?

You could also backup your current BIOS just in case and to be on the safe side.

Yes I would update the BIOS to V1.23 and that would then sort the BIOS in case it was somehow a virus placed with the cracked W10 you put on machine.

Do you know how to go about that? If not let us know and we can guide you through it. You should though be able to click on the link provided above and select the bios update that way. Or you could download it onto a USB stick and then do the BIOS update. Is your internet connection a good one?

You could also backup your current BIOS just in case and to be on the safe side.
I don't know how to upgrade BIOS. And I would prefer to use the usb method. I would be grateful if you giuded me!

Okay what you do is

Download the BIOS update from the link and save it onto a USB stick

Download the Phoenix
Phoenix BIOS Flasher (phlash, winphlash) - Download all available Phoenix BIOS flasher versions

Make sure the laptop is on mains

Fire up the Phoenix flash program

Direct it to flash from a file (which is on your USB stick) when asked

Let the program run the update

It will shutdown your machine and then it will reboot and run the BIOS flash

Make sure you do not touch the laptop whilst it is doing this or switch it off in any way

If the program asks you if you want to update the BIOS or any other question where the answer must be yes then follow what it is asking you to do.

It will take all of about 2 to 5 mins and once it is done will boot your machine to the OS startup.

Let us know how you get on please and if there is anything you don't understand then please ask. I will stay on this side of the forum looking for any input from you.

Also if you want we can go over to the conversation side to make things easier. I've sent a message to start the conversation just in case

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom