• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Laptop C5 (into C6) power supply compact plugs

extremelydodgy

Established Member
Anyone know where I can get compact snap-on right angled plugs like Samsung and a couple of others do (in a proprietary way, a bit like Apple does for their figure-of-8 plugs) for normal C6-socketed power supplies?

Some of my notebooks have relatively small PSUs but they ship with comparatively giant reels of C5 mains cable. Figure-of-8 plugs aren't hard to find but similar C5 plugs seems to be thin on the ground.

I've found *ONE* C5->BS plug (sold from the States, wth)...
ReMDK.jpg

...but that is a straight plug, i.e. the PSU would jut straight out from the power socket which probably wouldn't work that well.

The other alternative I've found is C5 -> Kettle socket -> right angled Kettle plug -> BS plug...
HPKKh.jpg

Mod Edit: don't hotlink to images without the hosting sites permission, Images re-hosted

...but the C5-> Kettle socket converter plus the resulting size of the BS plug being huge in order to accommodate the Kettle plug probably weighs as much as the 30~60cm of AC cable that I'd be trading it in for.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom