laptop and ae100e?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by woody183, May 29, 2002.

1. woody183

woody183

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may be able to get myself a high spec laptop from work,and was wondering if it would be a good sorce for my panny?
    Basically my question is this,Is it possible to get sound cards for laptop's that have a optical out for the surround sound and can you get different graphic cards for them so that i could use the powerstrip programme on it?

any help would be great! woods

2. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I think that this has been covered before. Basically the gfx cards and sound cards are usually integrated or very difficult to replace in laptops, I do not know of one which will allow custom resolutions to get a WIDE480 out of the panny. As for sound cards, I think the new sound blaster extergy does 5.1 and I think it used USB (I could be wrong on this). Again don't know of any laptops which has digital sound out.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tested a freinds ADVENT laptop (£1100 from PC World) with an INFOCUS projector just to see how good it was. To my suprise the Laptop had an optical out socket. Plugged it into my amp, set SP/DIF output on the laptop and it worked a treat.

So the answer to your 1st question is yes, you can have get laptops with optical output!

4. peterweg

peterweg
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I'll check this out on the AE100 pretty sooy. Its got a 16:9 display and SPDIF