1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop Advice

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DancingJester, Jan 15, 2004.

1. DancingJester

DancingJester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to these forums, so if I am in the wrong place then I apologise! I'm looking to get a laptop with a budget of a grand, my requirments are (in rough order of preferance)

1) Battery Life - I am going travelling and 2 hours won't really cut the mustard.

2) Programming & Work - As part of my adventure I want to do a MCSD course and would like to be able to run whatever I need.

3) Games - Sims 2, Neverwinter nights and Age Of ... would probably keep me happy for the next 40 odd years.

I guess that is it really, I have had a scout around, and once I could stop specing everything to the max and trying to convince myself that I could afford 5 grands worth of laptop, I found an Acer Travel Mate 800LCI which looked like it might do it.

Any suggestions, advice, hints, comments from people what own them already or cheesburgers would be very welcome.

Thank you!!