Laptop advice to replace my M1 MBA and iPad Pro 11

D

Deleted member 45086

Hi All,

Looking for a possible move back to a Windows Laptop. Currently using a 2020 MacBook Air M1 8/256gb and a 64gb iPad Pro 11 2018 Gen 1. MBA is my daily use for general browsing, emails, Microsoft Office apps, spreadsheets etc. No video or photo editing of sorts and if I do its once in a blue moon.

Ideally looking for something that is a close match for the MBA in regards to minimum of 13.3 screen. 16:10. similar screen resolution as 1080 screens I find blurry and text is not sharp. Great battery life and also touchscreen. 14 inch 16:9 are ok. 13.3 are ok as long as 16.10.
I have recently tried a couple of laptops which were close but each one had its issues. A Samsung Galaxy book flex 2. Nice spec but unit BSOD 3 times in two days and then it froze and wouldn't turn off. That was returned. I had a Dell Inspiron 14 QHD 16gb /1tb and that arrived with a bright blob on the screen. Third was a Lenovo Thinkbook 14 Gen 2. 16gb/512gb yet had a shocking battery that would not last half a day. Fantastic laptop and I even thought about could I add a bigger battery myself.
So my hunt continues.

Each time I see something it always seems to miss something

Budget wise I am a bit flexible from £700 to £1000. I have no issue with refurbs either.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 45086

Decided nothing really ticks my boxes, so going to stick things out with my MacBook Air.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom