• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

lap-top to my samsung tv problem

xOTBxPROMARC 01

Standard Member
ok peeps ive just bought a samsung lcd model no: le32r74bdx/xeu my problem is, when i put the lead from my laptop in the pc input there is no picture now i borrowd my brother inlaws same samsung but the 26" version and it worked, now is the telly nakered. i can get the xbox360 on no probs but cant get the lappy running through it, it's just a black screen and the pc thing come up in the top left screen but with no picture any help would be fantastic

Moosh

Normally on a laptop you have to tell the laptop to use an external screen. This is normally by pressing the "Function" key and one of the F keys. For example, on my Acer laptop I have to press Function and F5.

Cheers
Moosh

xOTBxPROMARC 01

Standard Member
Normally on a laptop you have to tell the laptop to use an external screen. This is normally by pressing the "Function" key and one of the F keys. For example, on my Acer laptop I have to press Function and F5.

Cheers
Moosh
yes the lap-top knows it's there as soon as i plugged it in it did all that still dont know what to do though is there a way i can reset the tv to set-up mode i forgot to mention though that it's a refurbish tv thanks for replying m8 and i hope it's a simple solution lol

Moosh

Are you using the 360 though the VGA port on the TV or the component inputs?

Also, have you got access to another computer or laptop (e.g. a friend) that you can test?

Cheers
Moosh

xOTBxPROMARC 01

Standard Member
Are you using the 360 though the VGA port on the TV or the component inputs?

Also, have you got access to another computer or laptop (e.g. a friend) that you can test?

Cheers
Moosh
done m8 the lap-top needed resetting lol but thankyou for helping me m8 a thanks is on it's way have a good new year

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom