1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lap-top to Camcorder connection

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by bubbajones, Feb 27, 2002.

1. bubbajones

bubbajones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a little new to all of this so apologies if my query sounds rather daft and tedious.

The problem: want to export a 'slide show' of digital photos from my laptop to DV camcorder, a Panasonic NV-DS38. Both have S-Video ports so assumed that you just link them up and record onto camcorder. (If only that easy!?!).

Have managed to get picture to camcorder but find there's no sound, which I presume there won't be. Main problem is that the output picture is in black and white and can't adjust any settings to make it colour. Would I need an AV cable to ensure it is in colour? Don't have such outputs on laptop so any idea on what options there are?

Also if I link up the camcorder to the TV or video via S-Video cable, the picture is again in black and white, even though original footage on camcorder is in colour. If you always need the AV cable in addition to S-Video, what is the advantage of S-Video cable connection. :confused: