Lance Armstrong drug use allegations

jonasbry

I know this isn't fully relevant but drug test really don't mean squat when testing for many popular steroids since they are undetectable somewhere between 4-8weeks after you stop using them, so athletes often cycle them.

Random drug testing is not all that common since the cost is pretty high.

alexs2

Distinguished Member
Wiki as always is your friend....

Blood doping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The point about Epo is that it IS detectable,but within a fairly narrow window,whilst it's effects can be quite prolonged.

Obviously,Epo is NOT a steroid,and doesn't enhance performance by that route,but by increasing haemoglobin levels,will thus increase your aerobic exercise capacity by potentially increasing the maximum amount of oxygen available to your tissues.

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Did Lance Armstrong ever take performance enhancing drugs?

Did a bear ever **** in the woods?

Steven

Senior Moderator
Allegations have always surrounded professional cycling which is pretty much discredited now (imo). The likes of athletics and baseball are not quite at that point of no return but getting there

I don't think allegations specifically about LA will ever go away, it's just a question whether or not any given allegation merits closer scrutiny. As the current series is in gaining media attention

hdsport

Allegations have always surrounded professional cycling which is pretty much discredited now (imo).

Depends if your glass is half full or half empty more testing which results in catching more cheats is surely a good thing.

You've had major football clubs indulging in blood spinning and it has been reluctant to comply with WADA. and golf only starting testing in 2009!

Cycling is an easy target for people but other sports deserve equal scrutiny.

7ofnine

A friend of mine who does serious cycling told me that he didn't think even the pro cyclists could sustain their punishing pace day after day without help. So in his opinion they were all doing some form of doping. But I suppose if they're all at it then it creates a kind of level playing field. It may be that it's just one of the things that's hushed up within the sport.

Ian J

Banned
Surely everyone knows that the champions in many sports nowadays are those with the best pharmacists

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom