1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lanc Controller (sony/canon)

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Roy Mallard, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've discovered the bargain of the century, Jessops are doing a lanc contooler for £30. I've been wanting to buy one of these for ages but couldn't stretch to the Manfrotto one.

My am cam doesn't have a focus ring, which I find really annoying (it has a toggle switch but I get camera shake, especially at the far end of the zoom when MF is more critical) but the Lanc contoller does.

As far as I was told in the shop it was only suitable for Sonys or Canons, dont know why this is, but its a sony I use of my am cam and it works a treat. the guy in the shop demoed it on a flashy canon one and it seemed to do the trick.

Its got a zoom and rec start stop and straps onto my tripod handle.

2. Miro13

Miro13
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only WL1 / WL2 product have a wireless LANC control of Sony, JVC, Canon, Blackmagic (and ALL lanc suported) camera! With this wireless LANC controller can easily manage the camera on the crane, gimbal, drone ... For example, one person can operate the camera and a producer on a chair across the monitor operates controller!
    The advantages of this controller are:

-80 Meter range in open space.
    -Since Record 1-5 cameras.
    -Fast And easy to use.
    -Precize Rocker type zoom (multi speed)
    -Reverse Direction zoom
    -Reverse Direction of focus
    -Focusing With zoom rocker
    -Focus far
    -Focus near
    -Focus car
    -Focus push
    Iris open
    Iris close
    Iris push
    -record star / stop for main channel or all cameras (two or more receivers WL2)
    for more read manuals .......

3. rogs

rogs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Replying to a thread that's more than 12 years old?......looks like spam to me....

4. Miro13

Miro13
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, its not a spam! I just did not know where to write a compliment! Sorry for that!

5. Miro13

Miro13
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I promised if I am satisfied with the product I'm going to thank him in forum

6. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Whilst it's not a "Pro" Camcorder, my HD Sony CX410 has a wired-remote socket ( but NOT the standard 2.5mm jack, DYOR ).
    Whilst it's good for slow/fast zoom and start/stop ( and taking Stills ), it lacks a decent cord-length, being sold as part of a rather stumpy/flimsy Sony tripod. (There is no "Focus" option.), this is because "Focus" is done via the LCD, screen.
    The BOSS stabaliser removes any hint of tripod-wobbles, but an extra length of leg wouldn't come amis (for the money!).... and the cable should be coiled, so it can reach the ground when the tripod is on a table (for example)..... It reaches the pan-handle as supplied.....
    Knowing that Sony rather likes to generate its own "Standards" means this is a rubbish-purchase as it won't fit any other camcorder . . . the greater laugh being their USB lead, because the USB plug isn't USB - it only fits the cable they supply ! "Universal" or what?

This Remote I have used it for Studio-work, but it doesn't get much use - and neither does the Sony Tripod - although it conveniently weighs little; it's in the Kit-Bag as a "spare" - but sadly they didn't think to supply a spare camera-plate ( Ho-Ho it's only plastic !), so it's a fiddle if wanting the change cameras.

I suspect the use of Smartphones to interact with consumer camcorders will remove the need for Remotes, LANC or otherwise.... and give us a remote-view too, even if it's at lower definition.

FWIW
    I understand LANC was a jv dev. by Sony and Canon.