LAN Help

akane_1984

Hi i currently have one 360 in my house wired to netgear router.

Pc wired.
Laptop wireless and second pc wireless.

A friend wishes to bring his 360 over for weekend. but he will be three floors away from router, whats are options for networking onto LAN and XBL.

He has a netgear router too, would the two talk to each other??

any other ideas please fire them at me. :thumbsup:

As it's so blooming hot perhaps buying a really long ethernet cable and chucking it through the windows would do (total bodgit and scarper method but viable)

akane_1984 said:
Hi i currently have one 360 in my house wired to netgear router.

Pc wired.
Laptop wireless and second pc wireless.

A friend wishes to bring his 360 over for weekend. but he will be three floors away from router, whats are options for networking onto LAN and XBL.

He has a netgear router too, would the two talk to each other??

any other ideas please fire them at me. :thumbsup:

ShadowmanUK

Novice Member
Jordans Norks said:
As it's so blooming hot perhaps buying a really long ethernet cable and chucking it through the windows would do (total bodgit and scarper method but viable)

Yeah normally I would recommend against putting copper cables outside, but as its for the weekend, just get some rough measurements and get one ordered.

eBay, Maplins, B&Q etc etc.

Or my preferred reseller... www.cableuniverse.co.uk very cheap and quick delivery. I use them for work all the time.

C225

Distinguished Member
Try ebuyer the sell wireless ethernet adapters cheap but as it is for a weekend i would just run a long cable.

akane_1984

way my house is though it would have to be a very very LONG cable lol

plus item would always come in handy for future. ive found the netgear WGE111 on eBay

ShadowmanUK

Novice Member
akane_1984 said:
way my house is though it would have to be a very very LONG cable lol

plus item would always come in handy for future. ive found the netgear WGE111 on eBay

Yeah the WGE111 is a decent bit of kit, you'll be fine with that. How well it performs depends on distance and the construction of your house.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom