1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lamps

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ixalon, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Ixalon

Ixalon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi all,

I have a NEC LT140 DLP projector which takes pretty pricey lamps (LT40LP around £300 for 1000 hours.)

I read that the projector uses the same light engine as the PLUS U2-1080 and on comparing a friend's lamp for this model of projector they appeared exactly the same. I tried one in my projector and it worked perfectly.

Now, I know someone who is selling lamps for the U3-1080 for much less than this - these lamps apparently work in the U2-1080 (even though U2-1080 lamps are 120W and U3-1080 lamps are 130W.)

The question is, would these lamps work in my LT140? I know the lamps are 10W higher, and so will probably produce a little more heat than the proper lamps, but isn't DLP more resistant to heat than LCD?

I read on avsforums that both these lamps have the same ignition current draw, so it makes me think that as long as the increase in heat isn't too high that these lamps will work.

Anyone tried anything like this before?

Thanks,
    Chris