1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lamp Life on AE100 in Low Power Mode

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Amelia, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was recently told that when running the AE100 in low power mode, the hours shown in the menu are actually running slower and not true time. In other words the lamp should still go in 2000 hours. Is this correct?

So in other words in low power mode if the hours displayed in the menu is equal to 500 hours you have used up 25% of your lamp life not 10%.

Can someone please explain this a little further.

Kind Regards
    Amelia

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Amelia,

The AE100 Service Screen shows two sets of figures for the lamp hours - one set for the lamp cumulative usage time, which counts hours in real-time, and one set for the lamp cumulative usage time (normal mode conversion time) which converts the figures in the first set and shows them as if they were all in normal mode.

So one set shows how long in hours you've been running the PJ, the other shows the hours converted into "hours" in terms of normal (i.e. not eco mode) bulb time. Mine do not split perfectly in two - at various times I've run the lamp in normal mode for tweaking, calibtration etc.

Hope this helps,

All the best,

Sean G.

3. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So the Hours under the standard menu:

Options then Lamp Runtime what is this time actually telling me?

Regards
    Amelia

BTW: How do you access the Service Menu

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Amelia

In the "Options" menu, when the "OSD" (first item on that menu) is highlighted, hold down the "Menu" button on the remote and the "options" menu items will change to the Service menu. In this list you'll find a "self check" item; select this and it will show a load of details, including temperatures, and the lamp-runtimes mentioned in my last post.

I haven't checked to see which of these is the same as the one on the normal "Options" menu - I think it's the "normal" lampr-runtime equivalent.

Sean G.

5. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Sean,

I will check it out tomorrow and see how my hours are going.

Kind Regards
    Amelia

6. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sean,

The following is the screen shots of both the standard and service menu:

[​IMG]

My Standard Menu shows a time of 594hour and the service menu shows 594h and 238h. 238 x 2.5 works out to 594hours, so based on that, am I correct in that the time shown on the standard menu should reach 5000 hour (if all goes well and the PJ is run in Lowpower mode)?

Kind Regards
    Amelia

7. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    On the service menu, would I be right in saying that the number 440 between the 2 hours totals is the number of switch ons?

In which case I would have 110 switch ons for the 650 hours used on my AE300.

Maybe this is the double edged sword I seem to walk along. ie I get to 3500 hours no probs on my AE100 whereas loads seem to have bulb probs before getting close to this figure.......but the excessive hours cause heat soak in my optics. So the fewer switch on/off cycles the better for the bulb, but the more hours in between switch off's the worse for the panels and optics! :D :D

I've made my bed and now I'm lying in it!! (not sure if this is a common phrase in the English language or if its one of my grannies county Cavan sayings!! :D )

8. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Keith,

I didn't realise the 440 was the number of switch-ons, then again I didn't realise there was a service menu :blush:

You're correct in that the switch on hours are high and I would image this will impact lamp life, but this is the way it will be used. We often switch on the PJ just to watch a 1 hour program on TV, so I expect this trend to continue.

So long as it goes over 2000 I would be happy with that.

Cheers
    Amelia