Lamp life of Panasonic PT AX100 IN Eco mode

Bill

I heard 3000:thumbsup:

T

Tommy Angelo

Well my AE500 is 2000 in normal and 5000 in low mode. I imagine the AX100 will be the same, can't be sure though.

calibos

My Ae900 still hasn't asked for a new bulb at 4300 hours in Eco mode. Looks like 5 or 6 thousand hours.

X

x3lda

i own an ax100u and it says 2000 for normal and 3000 for eco-mode. however, my project experiences flashes in brightness levels when in eco-mode. you can tell that the brightness level changes every other second and it's really annoying. i don't know if it's just happens when connected to VGA or if its a problem in the lamp power circuitry boy it's really annoying. it's especially noticable esp right now when i'm looking at this white page.

dave_st185

Novice Member
It's a feature called a light harmonizer I believe

It's meant to automatically brighten up the image if ambient light increases, or reduce brightness if ambient light decreases

You room may be at a light level that is confusing the sensor, so it switches between 2 different settings?

I believe you can turn the feature off somewhere on the projector which should solve your problem - can't say where as I haven't bought one yet - still researching :)

seanm

Hi x3lda,
If I recall you go into settings its just under Dynamic Iris.
Light Harmonizer, It defaults to Auto, Press Twice to go from Auto, Manual, Off.

Sean

slingshot

i own an ax100u and it says 2000 for normal and 3000 for eco-mode. however, my project experiences flashes in brightness levels when in eco-mode. you can tell that the brightness level changes every other second and it's really annoying. i don't know if it's just happens when connected to VGA or if its a problem in the lamp power circuitry boy it's really annoying. it's especially noticable esp right now when i'm looking at this white page.
Sounds like a lot of people have this problem including me, there's several issues about this flickering on this forum, it seems it does eventually sort itself out, mine went after about 30 hours if that helps.

Panasonic UK claim they don't know of any problem but there's loads of info about it google for ax100 flicker.

Slingshot

lutonian

dave_st185, it's nothing to do with the harmoniser, it's all related to a flicker issue i'm afraid. mine did it straight out of the box and still does it at 70 hrs.

check out the us and oz forums too, it is not an isolated situation :-( apparently it can be fixed via a firmware solution, but i'm not sure if panasonic UK realises that this problem exists.

my first panny (ae100) did this also. i sent it back for repair and it still did when i plugged it back in. i tend to use normal lamp mode when it's flickering and switch it back to eco after 5 mins.

Cheers

dave_st185

Novice Member
Ah, ok, thanks

I take it this is something a new owner may or may not experience depending on luck of the draw with a new AX100?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom