1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lamp in my new AE100 heats up slowly compared to old one

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Der_Pobman, May 9, 2002.

1. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I am on my second AE100 and the lamp heats up much slower on this one. My previous one would be at Temp1 = 144 in about 1-2 minutes. This unit takes about 5 minutes to Reach Temp1=155 and at least 30 minutes to reach Temp1=145. I have not seen it get hotter than 145 even after hours of use.

The other interesting thing is that while the temperature is much lower the amount of heat coming out the back is much higher. On my previous model the heat at the exhaust fan was just slightly warm. While on this one its actually hot.

Dont know if any of this is relevant.

Hope it keeps working :)

Regards

Der Pobman

2. mattr

mattr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Is the fan noisier do you think ?

3. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Pobman, have you noticed any difference at all in picture quality? Beyond the obvious difference that this one works, of course...

Bert
    http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

4. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mattr - I cant say if the fan is noiser, or not. I really cant tell. I can say it sounds different. Perhaps slighly higher pitched.

Bert - no real difference, it takes about 2 minutes to reach proper brightness, while the other one took about 30-45 seconds. You still get the green line down the left side of the screen if you look for it. However running an alignment pattern through the PJ shows no misalignment of the panels. I ran through the Ultimate DVD test screens and actually ended up using exactly the same settings for brightness, contrast etc as I used on my last one. So it must be very similar.

Regards

Der Pobman

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Ae100 is not in the US yet. You have to wonder if the delay was to fix issues before it is shipped to the US. Kind of makes you wonder if guys were "beta testers."

6. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought several guys in the US/Canada has the AE100 on the AVSFORUM... perhaps they all imported it.

When a new product comes out then the first people are always beta testers these days.

Regards

Der Pobman

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They all imported it from Japan and are having the same problems.

8. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    How do you access the temps? Service menu? If so, how?
    Cheers.

9. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Press 'Menu' select the last option (from memory its called 'options' but could be wrong, its the last one in the list).

Then select the very fist item and press and hold down the enter button. After a few seconds you will be in the service menu. The second option from the bottom will give you a diagnostics readout, including temp. Remembering of course that the lower the temp reading the higher the actual temperature.

You will also get a usage readout for the number of hours used on your bulb, how many times you have switched the unit on and off, and how many hours you have actually used your bulb for.

Regards

Der Pobman