1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lamp for Hitachi PJ TX100 (Online or in Ireland)?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mattsimis, Feb 10, 2005.

1. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Looks like the lamp just blew in my Hitachi PJ TX100. Ive foudn a couple of UK online stores but they either had no stock or didnt ship to Ireland. Prices were from £170 to £200 inc VAT.

Anyone know a good site that ships to Ireland, with stock?

Incidentially, the bulb lasted around 850Hrs.. is it shipped with a 1000Hr bulb as the replacements Ive found are 2000Hrs (which is what I though Id get out of the stock bulb)?

Matt

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    spec is 2000 hrs, 850 is disappointing to say the least. Hitachi certainly cover their ar$e in the manual... "note that each lamp has a different lifetime, some may burst or burn out soon after you start using them"...PJ

PS how long have you had it, have you had any other issues?

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Matt,

That's a bit of a bummer, right enough..... you could try getting one from Germany - you would probably have to order it as opposed to getting it from stock, but you could probably get one for around €200..... Google is your friend, Click Here for examples, Idealo is another route....

€200ish isn't too bad if you can source one, although I think you've been a bit hard done by - Have you tried crying/moaning/indignant noises to Hitachi - I would, nothing to lose, you might even persuade them to go halves with you on it as a gesture of goodwill......

Keep the faith....

Sean.

4. mattsimis

mattsimis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks guys, Ill mail Hitachi and see what they say first.

I had other problems too, the colours were boosted in certain sections of the screen (eg red in bottom left) and it suffered from brightness flickers (infamous I suppose with many PJs).

I suspect that the flicker problem shortened the lifespan of the lamp considerably, if that was meant to be a 2000Hrs lamp! :eek:

Matt

5. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'm tellin' ya lads, you're just asking for trouble only running up those hours in a year or two. To get maximum life out of your bulbs ya wanna run them at least nine or ten hours a day. :D :D :D

5000 hours (ie full rated life) outta my first AE300 bulb and am on 2200 hours on my second bulb. We actually do get full value out of our bulbs because the whole family uses the PJ and its actually being watched for at least three quarters of those 10hours a day anyway. But even If we were only actually watching the PJ for 2 hours a day and it was running un-attented for the other 8 hours, I think we would still be getting better value then the poor unfortunates who get less than 1000 hours out of their bulbs.

ie if its on 10 hours a day and we actually only watched it for 2 hours per day but we get full 5000hour rated life out of the bulb

5000/10x2=1000 hours worth of PJ viewing

I know its not a direct comparison because the Hitachis rated life is only 2000 but I think you could apply my rationale to all the AE series PJs with their 5000hr bulbs at any rate.

Its excessive on/off cycles that are the killers I tells ya! :D

[EDIT] Forgot the actual point of this post!! :D

I got my Ae300 bulb from PriceJapan.com. Payment was via Paypal. and the total cost was €264. Kaneda emailed me after shipping to let me know they had shipped it from stock in the US rather than Japan to speed delivery and also to let me know that they had written the invoice value as $80 rather than $341 so I got away without paying import duty too (Didn't even ask them to do this for me!) Top bloke Kaneda and efficient little buggers those Japanese chaps! :D I think I had the bulb 2 or three days after order. On a side note I ordered a CPU from the states at the same time and it was invoiced at full value and I got hit for €50 duty from DHL.

Of course none of the above is an issue if you can source the bulb at a decent price within the EU but if you have to source it further afield, I recommend you check out Price Japan.

Heres the price I found for a TX100 bulb shipped to Ireland from Price Japan.

The products price YEN 22,000
    Japan tax YEN 1,100
    Shipping cost YEN 7,700
    Our fee YEN 4,000
    Insurance YEN 244
    YEN Total YEN 35,044

Above Yen amount is equivalent to

USD 338
    EUR 264
    AUD 436
    HKD 2,655
    SGD 557

6. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36

PJTX100,

On my TX100's warranty card, it states that the bulbs are covered for up to 6 months or 2000hrs, whatever comes first.

mattsimis, if your TX100 has been used for under 6 months, then you should be able to get your bulbs replaced under warranty.

7. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    OK, hadn't noticed that. The way I'm going I'll only be up to approx 250 hours after 6 months though!...PJ

8. stewart28

stewart28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    My brother in law got me my tx100 from hitachi directly for £100 as he worked for them and he confirmed that the bulb should get 2500hrs if you don't use whisper mode