1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laminate/Carpet Sub Positioning

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by WBC, Jul 24, 2004.

1. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

This may be a ridiculous question?!?!?!!!!

I currently have laminate flooring, I'm moving back to carpet to try and take the brightness out of the sound. Could sub placement be different depending on the flooring????

I am basically thinking of trying my sub somewhere else in the room before the carpet gets laid. If I like it, I'll run the cables before the carpet is put down but if its not a true test due to the sound changing after the carpet then I guess I won't bother!!!

Thanks
    Stace :D

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    The carpet will only have an effect on the brightness of the sound. Its really the dimensions of the room that most effect the acoustics. The only caveat to that would be the room being so acoustically bright that you cant hear which is the best place for the sub. Why dont you test it out by throwing rugs/blankets/towels on the floor to act as carpeting.

3. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a great idea!!!

The sub is currently behind a sofa (it has a fair amount of space around it), I do find it a bit boomy. I cannot put it up front (WAF) but could potentialy put it to the side of my other sofa???

I just don't want to go out and buy new cables if its a waste of effort.

Thanks
    Stace